Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vitoria, Spain

Hola,

Just wanted to give you an update since it has been a while.

I arrived in Vitoria, Spain (Basque country) a week ago from Athlone, Ireland. My race in Ireland didn’t go to plan as I brought a slight injury with me from Varese, Italy (Young Gun’s camp). I DNF the ITU European Cup race in Athlone, Ireland but had a solid swim coming out of the water in third position behind two Frenchmen. The swim was a 2-lap wetsuit swim with a solid current. It was also a pontoon start (first time), which I found pretty exciting and fun. The Irish put on an awesome event with lots of spectators and noise from the fans. This event will hold the 2010 European Championships and I think that will be a great event.

Currently I am getting treatment every 2-4 days from the physio and the back of my knee feels like its slowly getting better. I had to miss just under 2 weeks of training which was very frustrating as I was getting good running form up to this point. I can only do a ride or run session each day, which means I am swimming a lot more than normal. I think I have doubled maybe tripled the amount of swimming kilometres I do each week. The shoulders are getting a workout! Haha

I have my first ITU World Cup start in Tiszjavaros, Hungary in 2 weeks so I am getting prepared for that race which I am very excited about. Although I haven’t had the perfect preparation (with my knee injury) for this race, I am still going there to gain experience and have fun with the Australians boys. I am sure that I will learn a lot from this race, racing the best in the world!

Until next time,

Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment