Monday, August 3, 2009

Ocean Swim in Spain

Had a 2.8km ocean swim race about a hour away from my base (Vitoria, Spain) on Friday. It is the biggest ocean swim in Spain and has 1100 competitors in the race plus spectators on the beach. The race is from Gataria to Zarautz. It starts in the harbour and follows the coast down to the next beach for the finish. I ended up finishing in 3rd across the line. I was very happy with this as the two that beat me were the top Spanish open water swimmers and I was only 15 seconds behind them.

At the presentation they gave out trophies to the top 30. It was amazing and the trophies were all so big! My trophy was approx 35-40cm tall!

Anyway, got my first World Cup next week in Hungary so I'm very excited!

Ill keep you updated,


Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment