Thursday, November 3, 2011

A while between drinks...

Frustration: The feeling of being upset or annoyed, especially because of inability to change or achieve something.
Anger: A strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility.
Disappointment: The feeling of sadness or displeasure caused by the non-fulfillment of one's hopes or expectations.

After another ITB release surgery 9 weeks ago (other leg – now symmetrical) these are some the words that have described these past weeks/months. I feel the past two years have been the hardest in my short sporting career – it really does play on your head and make you think, what have I got myself in to? Not only have I had to come home early from trips away or stop training because of these injuries, I know I haven’t raced to or even close to my potential! This is probably the most difficult thing. I love racing. I love the feeling of winning. There is only so much I can do with injury management (and I am doing everything) but I still believe that this will keep making me stronger and more ambitious. I still want to race and I still want to win - and I will!

Moving forward I have started back training and I am swimming the best I have for some time. My times in training have been very positive and I am feeling strong in the water. My bike and running is coming along slowly but I am happy with the progress so far (similar to last time, it is a slow recovery process). In December, I am looking forward to altitude training with the other NSWIS triathletes in Falls Creek. This will enable me to get a good block of work done before the season starts. I haven’t been down there before so it will be interesting to work with the NSWIS crew and I am hoping for some positive changes.

Without the team behind me (too many to thank individually), I don’t think I could have done this. It has definitely made it a lot easier … Thank You!

I’m slowly but surely ticking off my list. The things I need to do before I’m back racing and ‘back in the game’!

No comments:

Post a Comment