Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Weekend of wins!!!!!!

A weekend of racing and a weekend of two wins from two!

The inaugural Ocean Splash 'n' Dash was held in Wollongong over the weekend with hundreds of competitors taking part. The weather turned up on Saturday for the ocean swim but not on the Sunday for the aquathon (swim + run) - absolutely cold and miserable! I took part in the 1400m ocean swim and took the win! So happy to be back racing especially in my hometown.

As I am unable to run at race pace just yet I teamed up with good friend Russell Dessaix-Chin for the aquathon. The swim was 700m and I was able to give Russ a lead for the 6km run. We manged to sneak another win. Happy Shane!!!!!!!!!!!

Below is a link to an media article from the weekend:

http://www.kaokreative.com.au/?p=666


This is just the beginning of my return to racing - bring it on!

Hope you have a lovely Christmas and even better New Year!

Regards,

Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment